Job Opportunity: Senior Attorney or Staff Attorney | Dorsey & WhitneyJanuary 21, 2021
Job Opportunity: Private Investment Funds Associate | Dorsey & WhitneyFebruary 1, 2021
Job #3332 – Minneapolis
Dorsey & Whitney is a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources; food, beverage & agribusiness; healthcare; and technology.
Are you an individual with analytical predilections? Do you love artfully solving complex problems? Are you a self-starter and strong communicator? If so, we invite you to apply to be a Financial Analyst in our Minneapolis office and provide strategic insight to Firm management and other operational functions. You will join an innovative, collaborative team and help drive profitable growth for the Firm. If you share our conviction that data analysis is the foundation of sound decision-making, we would love to hear from you.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Update, produce, and distribute monthly and other periodic financial reports on multiple reporting systems to firm management, partners, attorneys, and support staff.
- Analyze financial performance of the firm, practice groups, offices, attorneys, clients and matters in order to generate recommendations for improvement.
- Support specific business units in financial reporting, analysis, pricing, and ad hoc client projects.
- Liaise with other administrative departments, interpret and respond to their requests for financial information.
- Participate in practice and industry group management activities and other strategic initiatives under the supervision of the Senior Analysts and Managers.
- Support all functions of the annual billing rate increase process including analysis, material distribution, and oversight of changes to client rate agreements.
- Provide billing rate explanations and answer rate related questions from attorneys and staff as they arise.
- Assist with the preparation of the Firm’s fiscal year revenue budget.
- Contribute to the development of alternative fee arrangements for key clients, matters and practice areas.
- Support the Senior Analysts, Managers, Director, and CFO on projects as requested.
- Perform other duties and complete ad hoc analysis as assigned or requested.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other applicable area.
- 0-3 years of experience as a financial analyst or related function.
- Understanding of accounting and business principles.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills. Creative and innovative thinker.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Self-starter with the ability to organize and prioritize numerous financial tasks and procedures and complete them within time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Previous use of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office suite products.
- Ability to work well under pressure both individually and in a team environment.
- Exposure to SQL, advanced Microsoft Excel functions, and/or previous use of accounting information systems.
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
How to Apply:
Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications. Please go to the “Careers” section of the Dorsey website at www.dorsey.com/careers/staff and complete Dorsey’s online application form. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals who are unable to use our online process due to a disability should call 612-492-5178.
Dorsey offers a competitive pay and benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; domestic partner benefits (for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners; a generous paid time off policy; retirement savings plan; profit sharing contribution; paid holidays; paid parental leave, paid volunteer day; adoption assistance; back-up child care program; well-being programs and activities; a 24/7 employee assistance program with confidential counseling; and more! (Some benefits are subject to eligibility criteria).