Job Opportunity: Accessibility & Disability Policy Advisor | MicrosoftApril 16, 2021
Job Opportunity: Recruitment and Retention Specialist | Mass Mentoring PartnershipMay 20, 2021
Young Leaders Rising – Leadership Fellow Position
Partners for Youth with Disabilities (PYD) works to create a world where young people with disabilities will be able to live with dignity and pride in who they are, and to lead self-determined lives filled with purpose. To make this happen, we build the skills and abilities of young people with disabilities, and increase the inclusivity of workplaces, organizations, and communities.
PYD is excited to launch the 2021 Young Leaders Rising (YLR) – a 12-week youth leadership program that leverages both live virtual workshops and an online learning community, in partnership with the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission. The Young Leaders Rising (YLR) program will be offered to high school students throughout Massachusetts, engaging a minimum of 50 youth participants with disabilities on a weekly basis from July through September 2021. The target population will be Massachusetts high school students with any type of disability, ages 14-22.
Summary of Leadership Fellow Role
Leadership Fellows will play a pivotal role in the planning and implementation of the inaugural Young Leader’s Rising program. A group of 10-15 Leadership Fellows will work closely with PYD staff to support YLR participants. Leadership Fellows will assist with recruitment during the spring and will work closely with YLR staff in the planning of YLR sessions as well as the development of YLR online content. Leadership Fellows will receive ongoing guidance and support from PYD staff throughout their service period.
- Assist in the recruitment of 50-60 youth and young adults with disabilities
- Assist in the creation and dissemination of marketing materials for participant recruitment
- Complete and provide feedback on newly created online courses which will be used in the YLR curriculum
- Collaborate with YLR program manager and course consultant to select media for the course materials to ensure engaging and accessible content
- Develop discussion questions that build off of the course curriculum and provide meaningful dialogue for the YLR participants
- Collaborate with YLR program manager to provide feedback on programming, including the selection of speakers, workshops, and interactive activities for participants
- Lead programmatic days for the YLR participants & facilitate dialogue
- Contribute to courses by providing person first narrative
- Provide guidance, leadership, and mentoring to participants on their Personal Leadership Plans
Qualifications & Expectations
The ideal Leadership fellows will be YLF alumni who have successfully served as YLF Delegates and/or YLF Peer Leaders. Fellows must have completed high school, demonstrate leadership skills, and be able to commit to dedicating 5-7 hours per week for recruiting participants, planning sessions, leading discussions, serving as panelists, and engaging youth participants as positive role models during YLR program sessions. Beginning in July, Fellows will lead participants in two live sessions per week for a 12 week program. Leadership Fellows will be paid for their time and will receive training to provide peer leadership and role modeling for participants.
Benefits: This position is an hourly rate of $15/hour.
Please send resume, cover letter, and the contact information of three references to Kristin at